Wednesday, December 10, 2014

2014 in Shit: Introduction

I wasn't going to do this this year. After the last one, I was sure I was done. But in that being sure, there were degrees. Allow me to enumerate them:
  1. I'm fucking done. 2013 was miserable with this project and I'm fucking done.
  2. I'll do it again, but with the rules of the original. Only movies, only that have come out this year.
  3. Double down. All the things from last year, even if they've been less, plus videogames falling under the same rubric.
  4. Since most of the films I saw in theaters this year were released earlier, I'll just do a blanket "Year in (Personal) Theatergoing." I barely read anything this year anyway.
  5. Fuck all this; I'm exhausted, and last year was exhausting. Don't.
  6. Don't.
But then, I also thought: two years ain't shit. It needs at least three to be properly abandoned. So let's send it out on a low note.

Welcome to 2014 in Shit.

The list:
  • Non-Stop
  • Fox Drum Bebop
  • Godzilla
  • The Wind Rises
  • American Hustle
  • Hercules
  • Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
  • I, Frankenstein
  • Birdman
  • Under The Skin
  • Joe
  • Boss Fight Books (Season One)
  • Crows : Explode
  • The Tale of Princess Kaguya
  • Snowpiercer
  • For No Good Reason
  • Short Peace
  • Why Don't You Play in Hell?
  • Noah
  • The Midnight After
  • Maleficent

Blog Archive